Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2005

When Love Comes To Town

Ladies and gentlemen, you are now looking at (well technically not *looking*) the proud owner of two tickets to see U2 in concert when they come to Michigan in October!! The tickets went on sale online yesterday at 10am and guess who was sitting by the computer at 9.58am even though she had to teach at 10.10am? The next 6 minutes flew by in a blur as I went through the whole choosing-seats-yes-I-agree-to-the-terms-of-agreement-secret-word-credit-card-address routine. Two center-stage floor tickets (standing only- as if we would be sitting down at all anyway...) on the day before my birthday! I don't care what anyone else says, Bono's singing just to me, for me.

U2 would never play in Singapore because of our dubious human rights record (see this report from Amnesty International) and we know how Mr. Paul Hewson and company feel about that. We still practice the death penalty and our Internal Security Act allows for the detention of political prisoners without trial, so to be able to see them at all in our llifetime is a treat I cannot even begin to describe. Some have said that watching U2 live is akin to a religious experience. I'll let you know how true that is after October 25.

I'm happy- come my 29th birthday, I would have fulfilled two of the thirty things I most wish for- getting Jude the iPod (plus one for myself as a bonus) and now catching U2 in concert. Not bad for a one year period- who knows, by the time I'm 75, I might just really be able to do everything I said I want to. But for now, I'm dreaming of Irish rock gods and ultraviolet dreamscapes...

No comments: