Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"Hair"rowing

My husband is a dear. I can't believe he still loves me after what I did.

I cut his hair.

One moment we were laughing at the prospect of opening a makeshift barber in our basement, the next, I'm standing there with the $9.99 haircutting kit in my hand and tears streaming down my face. A nick here, a rough cut there, in a matter of minutes, I had totally and irrevocably butchered his hair. The only way out of the avant garde asymmetrical tribute to David Bowie (the '80s him minus the make-up) was to take it ALL off, and so I did. So now Jude looks like a cross between Ed Harris and our friend Nathan.

It isn't that he looks bad- in fact, it's kinda cool- but it was really very stressful thinking I was this close to making my husband look like he had just undergone chemotherapy. Jude's really sweet- he just keeps going on about how little shampoo he needs to use now and how breezy it is in summer.

I would never let Jude cut my hair, but if I ever did, I promise I'll be this nice to him too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we want photos!!!

Stan D. said...

Photos! I totally second that!