Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2005

Goodbye

That's it, I give up. I cannot bake. I wasn't even going for anything complex like a chocolate ganache torte or whatever it is that Nigella Lawson and Jamie Oliver make with such ease and panache. It was just granola bars for crying out loud... They turned out more like granola chunks. I can't believe I could screw up what has got to be the world's easiest recipe- just heat butter, honey, brown sugar and vanilla in a pot, and mix with granola. Bake for 25 minutes. They looked fine when I took them out of the oven- smelled great even- but then I tried cutting them up into bars and it was all downhill from there. I lost about a third of it to crumbs... Tasty, but ugly as hell.



I'm just going to stop trying altogether.

The granola things were (still are) meant for Jeff who's taking a week-long road trip back to California tomorrow. I was planning on putting the granola bars into a container for him as an easy snack on the road, but now I'm thinking I might have to throw a spoon in for him to scoop the crumbs out instead... So much for easy. Anyways, Jude's also burning him a road-trip CD with some of our favorite driving songs and some artistes we know Jeff likes like Stevie Nicks, just to ease the tedium of Iowa, Wyoming and Utah. Then he hits Vegas, and Jude & Serene's Road Trip CD will be the last thing on the man's mind...

2 comments:

A said...

I hope you made enough for your own trip. Nothing screams "Beach" like granola does.

Phats said...

your blog is funny thanks for the entertainment