Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Anniversary Poll

So... ghetto of our mind is officially a year old today! And I thought to commemorate the event by uploading a new template. Hopefully this one will not be as short-lived as the Arcade Fire one. I've tried to make sure that the images are securely hosted so nothing disappears like the last time. Cross your fingers... This template's way more feminine than the polka dots of the old, but I think also alot cleaner so to speak- clearer, less things going on. Scroll all the way down to the end; there's a pretty design at the bottom that few templates have.

Anyways, maintaining this blog has been a wonderful way to keep in touch with friends and family, and also to share with you our thoughts and experiences (often mundane and inconsequential we apologize, although we do have our days, like yesterday...). We really appreciate the comments and messages you leave, and they never fail to remind us of how much we're loved and how often we're thought of. Thanks guys!

Also, just to add some fun to the festivities (yes, yes, Jude & I are of course throwing a birthday party for the blog- balloons, party hats and cake, plus a pinata thrown in just in case people didn't know it was a birthday party...), I thought to take a poll on the new template. I'll leave it on for a week or so and then depending on whether people think this looks good or if they'd rather the old one back, I'll fix it next week. Do leave a comment or a message on the tag-board and we'll find out next Tuesday if this stays or not.

This should be fun!

4 comments:

chrispy said...

I remember my folks telling me about reading "ghetto of our mind" during the war. They had no idea it was produced by two crazy Singaporean kids who hadn't been born yet.
I like the template, but maybe it needs something *more*...maybe a different background color than white?

Anonymous said...

It does look clean, but not very "ghetto-ish". I am confident that Koh-Yew mind is not this simple, but more...hmmm, opaque....

Still, congratulations on keeping the same template for a whole year.

...I wish I had some pinata candy.

Anonymous said...

iiiii LOVE IT! it's so funky in a clean and simple way. very me. haha i don't know about you but i vote for this template! i think the blue was kind of boring that's why.

Anonymous said...

MAMBO, Billabong and Roxy boardshorts come to mind... which is not altogether a bad thing; unless you are Ugandan and have never seen the ocean... but I digress... new year, new look - I like it!