Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Countdown III

I had a hard time sleeping last night- was entertaining morbid thoughts of planes self-combusting, shoe bombs, poisoned airplane food (airplane food *is* kinda toxic no? c'mon, rock-hard scrambled eggs??), and sociopathic homicidal flight attendants.

BUT, I have just spoken to my family- they've landed safely in New York and are now hermeneutically* ensconced in a rambunctious yellow cab ripping through some NYC freeway at breakneck speed on a cloudy and rainy Saturday. Terrific, and here I was getting all worried for nothing...

*oops, I meant "hermetically"- thanks Allison, and your trusty yourDictionary.com :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a dream the other day in which my mom was symbolically covered in a full-body deep jade colored cast. But no poisonous eggs.

Don't worry, Serene. You can take care of those sociopathic homicidal flight attendant dreams with...salve. Or booze?

...I need to go brush my teeth.

Anonymous said...

"Hermeneutically Ensconced"? You are studying a lot.

I looked it up at yourDictionary.com. I read it - but still confused. I'm too distracted - (too many flash backs of puking up airline food and killer NYC taxi's.)

serene said...

oh, oops, i guess i meant "hermetically ensconced"- like they were sealed in the cab. you're right, i have been reading too much. plus those killer-flight attendant nightmares...