Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 09, 2005

Alone

Since Jude left...
1) My plants have never been so cared for in their lives. With no one else to shower attention on, I water them constantly and prune them to death. I don't think they're appreciating it though- I had to drain two pots of plants yesterday. Think I need to go easy on the love...

2) Instead of cooking everyday, I cook enough food twice a week to last me the next four days. In other words, since Jude's been gone, my meals have revolved around miso-marinated chicken, beef stew, teriyaki chicken, brown rice, and loads of roasted veggies. I store them in boxes in the fridge and heat them up when I want to, or bring them to school with me. It takes alot of the fun out of cooking and eating but I guess I don't mind for now. The thing is, I haven't been enjoying eating very much since Jude left (and this is coming from someone who loves to eat, period); it's just me, my food, and a magazine or my notes. How boring.

3) I've been watching the snow alot. I know, this probably has nothing to do with Jude not being around but I have. Find myself randomly staring out our study room window or the kitchen window and just looking at the snow. I had a field day today- while waiting for the chicken to roast, felt compelled to watch the snow swirling outside. We're in the middle of a snow storm right now- an inch per hour and that's a whole ton. I'm not looking forward to the morning, but for now, it's pretty to watch.

4) I've been baking. Yes, yes, this is coming from the disaster of a baker, but its mainly from those boxed premixes from Trader Joe's. It started with two Cranberry Vanilla cakes over Thanksgiving, then I made chocolate cookies last weekend for a Singaporean friend's kids who're visiting, and tomorrow, I'm going to bake a Chocolate Truffle cake to bring to a classmate's place. Those premixes are a lifesaver and the house smells so good when they're in the oven. Simulates the warmth of having another person in the house I guess...

5) I haven't switched on the TV except to watch the Notebook on DVD over Thanksgiving, and my Thursday CSI and Without A Trace fix. Usually we take breaks in between doing work by watching TV together. Since Jude's been gone, I just end up sitting in front of the computer doing work and my breaks are being able to chat with him online. Beats watching TV anytime.

So there, I'll be home in a week and I can't wait! It's going to be a fabulous Christmas- I can feel it already...

1 comment:

BS said...

so it must be true when they say "absence makes the heart fonder" :D