Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 12, 2005

Pain

Yes yes, to continue the trend of single-word posts this week... Anyways, you think I'd learnt by now that grad school is supposed to be hard. Every semester I tell myself it can't be worse than the last one, and every semester the workload proves me wrong. In Winter, it was my educational statistics class which drove me up the wall (the term paper for which I'm actually presenting at a conference in San Francisco next year so I guess I shouldn't complain...); this term, it's this mammoth 50-page tome that I have to submit tomorrow. I'm on my third draft and I think I've about had it. At this point, I don't reckon I could do much more to it that would change my grade dramatically more than if I just handed it in as it is. It's about the history of Head Start and the program means a lot to me- it's the paper that doesn't...

By about 4pm today, I had been sitting in front of the computer for 6 hours straight and really needed to just get out of the house and do something else. So I did. Drove to the gym in the snow, expended all the frustration and inertia on the elliptical machine for 45 minutes (this is a record- see what stress does?), and for reasons I'm still trying to fathom, went to the store and bought a whole roasted chicken. I came home, made a huge pot of spaghetti, and now I have a massive amount of roast chicken and mushroom pasta sitting in the kitchen. Unbelievable. And I'm not even hungry... Right, and I'm leaving on Wednesday. Which therefore means that's all I'm eating from now till then. Great.

Anyways, am going to have to spend the rest of tonight belaboring this paper- I don't think I've encountered another project that has caused me so much grief. Honestly, if not for the fact that I'm going to see Jude and my family & friends soon, I don't think I'd be able to suck this in and hunker on. God bless their lovely souls...

I love you guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Serene, I'm not your family, but you have my sympathies. (And here I thought I was plum out!!) Keep up the good fight. And enjoy your chicken.