Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 19, 2005

Simple sustenance

The second food-related post for the day. Jude's mum bought us fish beehoon (rice vermicelli) for lunch and oddly, it was one of the nicest meals I've had since I've been back. I supppose it had less to do with taste and more to do with the simplicity of it all- fresh fish slices, tender rice noodles, and a light tasty fish broth. No frills, no fussy garnishings, just simple fare that was as delicious as it was comforting. And of course the quiet setting of lunch at home with Jude made it an even sweeter joy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I was reading that Weather Channel square you've got there on your blog. And I was jealous about the 77°, but then I saw the 94% humidity.... I like my hair unfrizzed, thankyouverymuch!