Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Recovery...

is slow. I'm not sure if it's a because of the jetlag, but I'm still feeling really sluggish. The fever's gone and the throat is healing somewhat I suppose, but have ludicrously developed a cough. Think I drank too much cooling herbal tea to combat the sore thoat. I'm convinced that inundating my system with paracetemol has somehow drugged me out- can't seem to muster the energy to do anything, like put my contact lenses on, or eat, for that matter. Keep gravitating towards the bed all the time. I'm posting now primarily to keep from going to sleep like I did last night at 8pm. Need to regulate that clock.

And what's with Ann Arbor these days??? I've never seen it so depressing. Rain, fog, slush and everything's just brown and gray, like a page from The Hound of the Baskervilles... The upside is that it isn't frigid like it was this time last year, but with snow and the brisk cold, at least things are bright and pretty even if you are cursing under your breath and wondering why they don't make thermals any warmer... Since we've been back, the city's just been blanketed by a dreary mist of sorts. Maybe that's why I'm not getting any better.

Alright, think I might just give in to The Almighty Tylenol now- Its powers are far too mighty for this mere mortal to deny...

I resist no more.

2 comments:

serene said...

thanks kathy! loved your pictures of cambodia- nice! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to feel that you feel so sick, Serene. My dad's cure-all for a sore throat is gargling with salt water. (From many years of working for the NIH?) :(

And I totally understand those cloudy, depressing days. A Midwestern thing maybe. (Imagine going through those cloudy days during high school. So awful!) At least you have those pictures of those sunny days in Singapore....