Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A cake and a crumb

The house smells deliriously good right now- all lemony and buttery and springy (as in the season, not the adjective...). I baked today- lemon cake with bittersweet chocolate chunks. The weather's been bitterly, bitterly cold and I figured we both needed something sunny to perk us up (even though it is technically 3 days to spring break- woo-hoo!). So on all counts, definitely an occasion for something sunny and citrusy.

The cake came out of the oven with a lusciously warm golden hue that made me giddy with glee (yes, yes, food makes Serene Koh happy- beautiful food makes me even happier!) It was yumms but the chocolate chunks I added kinda sank to the bottom even though I coated them with flour (thanks to Barefoot Contessa- guess who's been watching The Food Network???).

Have to confess though that I take credit only for melting the butter, mixing everything together and for the addition of the chocolate. Sorry, I can maintain this Wonderwoman-Ubergeek-Domestic-Goddess-Extraordinaire illusion for only so long. Let's just say I don't know what I'll do if Trader Joe's ever closed down. Wait, I know- for one, I won't be able to continue pretending I can really bake...

2 comments:

Tannie said...

Hi Ms. Koh and Mr. Yew,

Seeing that the both of you really appreciate food, I'd like to share with you a food blog a friend and I have just created.Basically, it's got reviews, recipes and soon, we'll be putting up links to our favorite chefs and restaurants.

So feel free to visit us at http://yummiliciouscalories.blogspot.com/

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Please don't lose your ubergeekiness. It's so charming!