Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Eternal Sunshine of the Jude Yew Mind

So how do I begin describing my foray into the complex and labyrinthine universe otherwise known as my husband's psyche? How do I make sense of a cartography that is meandering one moment, and straightforward the next? When will I begin to understand what makes a man walk into a car dealership, negotiate what I think (and I know deep down he thinks so too) is a pree-tty good bargain for a 2004 Toyota Matrix, come within 50 ft of the bank to extend our car loan, and then decide to change his mind?...

Maybe I'll never know, and that's what going to make the next 50 years of our life so interesting... Anyways, that more or less describes our past 20 hours. It's been a roller-coaster ride of decisions, indecisions, re-decisions, and at the end of the day, as frustrating as it was, I think we made the right choice. Climbing back into our seafoam green Hyundai after leaving the bank with our money still intact was one of the most liberating experiences in a while. The excitement of a new car gave way to the relief that we didn't take on an added burden, and that was a definite indication to us that getting a new car wasn't going to be the best idea. We would have had to compromise on too many things, and we weren't unhappy enough with our present car to do that.

Besides, if we did buy the car today, what would my precious husband do with his free time on the Internet? He wouldn't be able to meticulously research car deals to conjure up amazing bargains that discombobulated the most smarmy of car salesmen, and we wouldn't want to deprive him of that dear joy now would we?...

1 comment:

Stan D. said...

Serene, I think it should be no surprise to you that you are in for many more surprises with Jude ;)

Having said that, let me just add one thing: HON-DA, HON-DA!