Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

i carry your heart with me

[click for iTunes link]

So here's my Valentine's Day present for Jude- an iMix of songs which have in one way or another defined our relationship through the years. It's meant to capture a narrative arc of some sort so hopefully, like one of my favorite soundtracks- Mad About You, the songs will illuminate the story better than words can.

Like my best friend so eloquently says, even if you have no idea when, how or why R.E.M's "Be Mine" rocked our world, enjoy the songs as something hopefully more than your run-of-the-mill V-Day collection.

And Jude got me this unbelievably adorable Gary Baseman figurine. Baseman's the same guy behind "Teacher's Pet" and those wild illustrations for Cranium. It's called the All-seeing Fire Water Bunny armed with the Yin of Water and the Yang of Fire on each hand. Balance the World In the Palm of Your Hand so it says... It's so well-designed and thoughtfully crafted, and oh so cute! Definitely going on the mantle at my desk :)





i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)

i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

-e.e. cummings

1 comment:

Zahra said...

You guys are so damn cute! Enjoy this red letter day.