Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 06, 2006

"Crash" and burn

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! The world is not right. Travesty- a complete and utter travesty of good taste and judgment. How can I live in a universe where a glib, preachy, two-dimensional take on racism beats out a profound and unbearably haunting tale of love, longing and loss? I swear the Academy has completely and irrevocably lost whatever little good sense they had left after allowing Chicago to win in 2003 (another seismic tear in the film industry cosmos). I actually told Jude that if Crash wins, I'd never watch the Oscars again, but promptly took that back- I might just change my mind... I've never been this upset after an Academy Award ceremony before. Brokeback Mountain was unjustly and brutally robbed and even if Ang Lee did win for Best Director, Hollywood has simply shown that it can give an award to a man, but isn't brave enough to give the same tribute to an idea, a concept, a culture. Insufferable *&%$#@*&!

No comments: