Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 10, 2006

Singapore Ga Ga finally opens in Singapore



So, Singapore Ga Ga finally opens in Singapore. I heard about this film back in May 2005 and based on the trailer, I am very much looking forward to the day when I can finally catch this film. The talented filmaker, Tan Pin Pin, tries to capture comtemporary Singaporean identity and culture through found sounds and little known Singaporean musical jewels (aka the pianist Margeret Leng Tan) that mark us on the world stage. Serene and I were so bowled over by Ms. Tan's previous documentray short, Moving House, that we managed to get it on DVD. Hopefully, it won't be too long before Singapore Ga Ga comes out on DVD too.

I actually met Pin Pin during a talk about presevation and archiving in Singapore. When she heard that I was from Ann Arbor, she immediately asked whether I could get her copies of the now very famous, Found Magazine. I am sad to report that I have yet to fulfill her request and will endeavor to do so ASAP :)

No comments: