Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 26, 2006

There's brandy, and then there's Pisco.

Ok, so I think I'm officially having a hangover headache. We weren't drunk or anything (at least I don't think we were... I had enough wits about me when we came home last night to prepare two salami sandwiches for today's lunch, and I distinctively remember taking a shower, so there you go...), but I think the last time we had so much alcohol was at Jude's graduation last year. With the semi-clarity that one gains the morning after, I've concluded that it wasn't how much we drank but what we drank that did us in. Three Piscos- that's what we had between the two of us (and beer later at /aut/, which is a different story altogether, and one I believe Jude can tell better than I can...)

Anyways, about Pisco, these Chilean brandy things are small, sweet and lethal, and Leopold's makes a mean one. You start sipping on one of them, and before you know it, you've eaten the maraschino cherry that you usually detest, left nothing but residual ice in your cup, and a warm glow has started spreading from your gut to your face, leaving a nice rosy hue no M.A.C. product can recreate (the first time this rosy-cheeks phenomenon happened to me, it was 1995, I was at the Hard Rock Cafe with my best friend, it was a burbon coke, and I swore I was going to turn alcoholic just so I could walk around with a perpetual and perfect "natural" blush. Yes, yes, I was shallow like that...)

On the bright side, we slept better than we ever had in a long time. Tells you alot about our threshold for alcohol. We were out cold for 8 hours straight. We're talking dead sleep... Anyways, work has been a little sluggish as a result, and so instead of reading, I'm sitting here in the living room nursing a dark fragrant coffee, and savoring the lovely citrusy smell of the lemon custard bars I just put in the oven. If only everything I put in my mouth didn't taste like sawdust... :(

1 comment:

Stan D. said...

Trust me, hangovers can get much worse.

Much, much... much much worse.

No worries - we'll see if we can expand your range of experiences in Montreal ;)