Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

And so it begins...

Four and a half months of vacation, here I come! Had my last class for the semester today and it's spring/ summer break from here on :) It's been one of the lest infuriating and more gratifying semesters so I do feel a little wistful that it's ended. Not that there won't be work from now till September, just under less demanding circumstances and in more forgiving temperatures. In fact, I've a whole ton of stuff to do over the next few months: am still continuing on my Sesame Street project, have a publication to churn out, a training manual to produce, will be working on my pre-candidacy paper, got a research/ writing job with the National Center for Children in Poverty based out of Columbia's School of Public Health, and other various random things I promise myself to get done like organizing my notes (and academic life in general) and dignifying my professional website to look less like a glorifed Powerpoint presentation.

To kick things off, we'll be in Montreal this weekend for CHI and also to spend some time with our uncle. I'm desperately looking forward to it and it'll be so much fun! I've said it so many times, but it's worth saying again, that Montreal's one of my all-time favorite cities, and this time, they'll be friends around to share it with: a bunch of Jude's classmates will be there, Eric, Amy & Finn, Stan & Susan, and maybe even Jonas. Woo-hoo, it'll be like a field trip!

Oops sorry, I forget, people are actually there for the conference... ;)
In summer, the song sings itself."
-- William Carlos Williams

2 comments:

serene said...

Hee hee, I know, isn't it so indulgent? :)

There's a spring/ summer term but hardly anyone takes classes then (although Jude is). I think it's a Michigan thing- we start classes as early as we can in January, study through the winter (you want to be indoors anyway...), and then relax through as much of sunny spring and summer as we can before it turns cold again in October.

It's all about maximising enjoyment of the sun!

Noor said...

I'll be at CHI!