Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 28, 2006

A few things...

1) I love my weekly Metro pass. I think in the past three days, I've used up the face-value of the card by zipping back and forth through the city. Serene Koh, jet-setter, subway style...
2) And by virtue of 1), I love public transportation. You big-city folks, please don't take public transportation for granted. To be able to catch the subway at 12.30am is a luxury the car-culture of Michigan has long forsaken and also one of the things I miss about Singapore.
3) I have developed calf muscles I never knew I had. Montreal is a lovely walking city and apart from taking the subway to further away places, I'm sure I've walked more than I have in the past year in Ann Arbor put together.
4) Sambuca is very sweet. In a gung-ho attempt to take a shot of sambuca (mostly at Shibani and Stan's goading), I took all of a microcosmic sip. Deeply intense, sweet and heady. I could get used to it (read: I should never have it again...)
5) It has been proven again that in Montreal, if you crave the authentic French bistro food experience without burning a catastrophic hole in your wallet, only one word suffices- L'Express. We had it the last time we were here, but if it's actually possible, the food was even better this time round. Simple and exquisite.
Take Montreal and pour it into a pot. Slowly turn up the heat and start reducing. As the city bubbles away, we are down to the Latin Quarter, to rue Saint-Denis. Keep simmering until we have reduced Montreal to its essence, a dozen or so long blocks between Mount Royal and René-Lévesque. Now, in the final stage of demi-glace, the heart and soul of Montreal emerges. It is the restaurant L'Express.
-montrealfood.com restaurant review

No comments: