Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Five

What would you do with...

Five minutes to yourself: Catch up on one of the half-read books or magazines that we always seem to leave all over the house.

Five bucks to spend right now: how would you spend it? Fresh flowers to celebrate the arrival of spring!

Five items in your house you could part with, right now, that you hadn't thought of already: 1) the dust that has settled in areas of the house I haven't dared look at, like behind the stove, in the corner of the basement..., 2) one of my indoor rose plants that isn't going to survive no matter how much water I give it, 3) the "dead" cell phones that have been lying in the drawer for ages that we haven't brought ourselves to throw out, 4) the clothes which have ink stains on them from the time Jude's pen "exploded" in the dryer, and 5) an old computer monitor that Jude insists on keeping for reasons he has yet to suitably convince me of.

Five items you absolutely, positively could not part with in your house: first things first, does a husband count as an item? If not, then it'll have to be our sturdy scarlet couch, our espresso pot, the table/bench we inherited from Dave and Jen, the brocade patchwork sheets my parents got for us for Christmas and our Tivoli table radio.

Five words you love: serendipity, cadence, hodgepodge (I love the symmetry of the word), desideratum and tangerine (try pronouncing it- you can't say it without ending in a smile).

Five people you're tagging: Any five people who read this, especially Terri who I know is surely going to wreck her brains to limit her favorite words to only five :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donate the cell phones to a women's shelter. I know there have been some programs to collect them and give them to women in bad situations for easy access to 911.
I'll find details for you.

Am I tagged?

serene said...

thanks for the info on the cell phones. and yes, you're tagged :)

Anonymous said...

1) Sit, stare, clear my head
2) A book from the vendor on state street
3) old mac, collapsed floor lamp in my room, old coffee pot, the truly unlistened to records in my collection
4) palimpsest, audacity, ludicrous, hullabalou, pennyfarthing
5) God, Ernest Borgnine, Steve the Cat, that one guy, you