Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Shuffle music meme

Instructions: Shuffle all the songs in your iPod, then use the resulting songs to answer the following questions, in the order in which they appeared.

How does the world see you?
Hear Me Out (Frou Frou)
As a whiny, clingy stalker? Yikes...
"I join the queue on your answer phone
And all I am is holding breath
Just pick up, I know you're there..."

Will I have a happy life?
Nite and Fog (Mercury Rev)
Ermm... apparently yes, once I become Queen of Darkness and rule over all things strange and creepy...
"Vampires want darkness
Monsters want soles
Spiders want corners
But you want it all "

What do my friends really think of me?

Nothin Gives Me Pleasure Like You Do (Josh Rouse)
Enough said :)

Do people secretly lust after me?

The Maker Makes (Rufus Wainwright)
Yes, yes- yearnfully, plaintively, obsessively... :)
"One more chain I break
to get me closer to you
One more chain does the maker make
to keep me from bustin' through"

How can I make myself happy?
I Love You (Daniel Lanois)
Narcissistic love?

What should I do with my life?
Rocky Dennis' Farewell Song (Jens Lekman)
Dedicate my life to helping people with the Elephant Man disease. This song is about Rocky Dennis, the guy in "Mask" (with Eric Stolz and Cher), and his relationship with the blind girl played by Laura Dern.

Will I ever have children?
Perfect Situation (Weezer)
I'm clearly taking this out of context, but the lyrics seem to say "Yes."
"Tell me there's a logic out there.
Leading me to better prepare
For the day that something really special might come.
Tell me there's some hope for me."

What is some good advice for me?
Inside and Out (Feist)
Fidelity and constancy.
"Let this moment be forever
We won't ever feel the storm
I ain't no vision, I'm the girl
Who loves you inside and out
Backwards and forwards with my heart hanging out
I love no other way"

How will I be remembered?
Float On (Modest Mouse)
For my great levitational abilities?

What is my signature dancing song?
Lo Que Dice (Ozomatli)
Ooh, cool- it's actually extremely danceable!

What do I think my current theme song is?
Meet Me By the Water (Rachel Yamagata)
I'm going to be meeting some guy by a body of water?

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
A Dreamy Day of Day Dreaming of You (Of Montreal)
I love the lyrics to this song- all whimsy and happy. I'll gladly adopt it as my theme any day.
"You're my muse you're my silly goose
And every day is a dreamy day of daydreaming of you.
You're my one, you're my honey bun
And every day is a dreamy day of daydreaming of you.
I can dream of you without snoring
And I'm lucky that that's true.
Because everyone would know that I found them boring
Simply because they're not you.
All I want to do is lay in the daisies
And daydream of you know who I'm referring to...you."

What song will play at my funeral?
Feeling Good (Nina Simone)
Hmm... I wouldn't mind this at my funeral I suppose. The lyrics seem somewhat appropriate although I doubt anyone would think of it as funereal...
"Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel"

What type of women men do you like?
Fireflies Take Flight (Ed Harcourt)
Entomologists??

What is my day going to be like?
Central Reservation (Beth Orton)
Beautiful...
"I'm stepping through brilliant shades,
All the color you bring,
This time, this time, this time,
Is fine just as it is."

No comments: