Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Daddy's girl


My new toy
Originally uploaded by jyew.
What can I say, at the end of the day, as old as I will ever become and as independent as I think I'll ever be, at the end of the day, I still lean on my dad to save my day, or in this case, my bus-rides to school and self-flagellating gym sessions. My 20GB ipod moved on past the pearly gates of mp3-player heaven last month and I've been ipod-less ever since. No amount of updating, erasing, prodding, kicking, smashing, wailing (mostly on my part) could revive it...

Anyway, so I sheepishly (and shamelessly I might add) asked my dad for a be-earliered 30th birthday present and in his wonderful generousity, not only did he say yes, he didn't even ask which model I was getting or how much it was going to cost. *sigh*... In return, I felt it right that I shouldn't be too indulgent, so instead of a brand new 20GB, I chose a refurbished 4GB nano instead. The thing is sooo slim I can't believe it holds as many songs as the mini. It's so sleek and portable- I lurve it! The only thing is that I have way more songs in my iTunes than the nano can hold, so I figure it'll act as a rotating jukebox of sorts- I'll put in and take our different songs everytime I update it.

And in a spurt of excitement that almost rivaled mine, Jude sugested that I get the new Nike + iPod attachment for the nano. I haven't gotten round to figuring out exactly how it works, but in the words of Adrien, just looking at the ads makes me want to run out and jog for hours! Basically it acts like a pedometer and wirelessly sends information about your running pace from a transmitter you attach to your shoe to the nano. The nano not only records your speed, based on all that info, it will also then suggest appropriate songs from your playlist to match your running pace! And it gives you the number of calories burned too. It's all about motivation and psyching you up to the optimal level I suppose, which is great because trust me, I need all the psyching I can get when it comes to going to the gym...

Speaking of motivation and exercising, can I just say that free weights are the Devil's instruments of torture??!! I decided to move from the weight machines to free weights last week and I think my arms are still swearing at me from under their breaths... We have a couple of 8-pounders at home, but the gym only has 12.5s and up. So what choice did I have? Let's just say, until yesterday, my shoulders could not feel a thing...

Anyways, off to fiddle with the new toy now- thanks again Dad! :)

No comments: