Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The madness...

I'm evidently only half the woman I used to be... The old me would have been able to traverse the whole of Orchard Road without a word of complaint and only just one cup of coffee; she would have been able to dash in and out of shopping malls in spite of torrential rain with panache and reckless aplomb; that me would also have been able to juggle Christmas shopping for a mere six people without feeling like she was on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I don't know where that me has gone because today's little trip down to Orchard Road sucked the life out of me. Maybe it was the crazy weather (it's been raining non-stop since 7am this morning...), the equally maddening Christmas-shopping crowd, or just me having been away from all this insanity for too long, but I honestly remember having more stamina for these things at some point in my past life.

And just in case shopping in Singapore in the heart of Orchard Road during the Christmas season with rain pouring torrentially outside wasn't exciting enough for my system, throw in two exuberant teenagers to shake things up just that little more. Sam and my cousin Jill were with me and trust me, nothing makes you feel older than listening to the speed at which teenagers can 1) talk; 2) change the topic of what they're talking about. Just trying to keep up with their conversation was exhausting in and of itself... I was thoroughly zapped out!

Anyways, Jude will be home in just under 24 hours and I'm literally counting down the minutes :) I've missed my husband dearly and I think he really needs this break home to just relax and unwind from the stress of this past semester.

In other words, I think we'll stay away from Orchard Road for a while at least... ;)

No comments: