Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 29, 2007

The Observatory Wonderkind Sessions 2006



Hah, see what a little YouTube sleuthing can so. I managed to not only find out that The Observatory have a new album coming out, but they've also uploaded a video of their recording sessions. Thought I'd share some of the new sounds that Leslie, Vivian, Evan, Victor and Dharma are conjuring for their upcoming album, A Far Cry From Here. Given the track in the video, I can't wait to hear what the rest of the new album sounds like.

Also, FYI, Leslie and gang are getting quite a bit of mySpace action. Check out their mySpace site and the heavy hitters that are on their Friends list. I've always wondered about the Friends list on mySpace sites. Even the most obscure bands and individuals have pretty famous people cited as friends on the Friends list. I know there's quite a bit of musician camaraderie going on, but how well do these people really know each other? I don't mean to put down mySpace users, but if I have Nels Cline listed as my friend, and I don't ever communicate with him, what does that mean? Looking at The Observatory's mySpace site, I can say that a number of the other bands cited as friends share a similar sensibility or aesthetic. However, can this be same for other mySpace users? If I were a no-name-no-one-has-ever-heard-of-you band, does having Mark Eitzel listed as my friend improve my reputation/stature? Oh the mySpace questions that confound me ...

No comments: