Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pretty...


Sparkling tree with sunset
Originally uploaded by jyew.
Days like these make winter all worth it. Truly, Ann Arbor was breathtakingly beautiful today. I stood outside my office literally awestruck for several moments. The sunlight bouncing off all the ice-encrusted trees and buildings made you feel like you were in some fairytale universe, except with characters in clumsy jackets and hoodies instead of fur coats and crystal carriages.

Of course, it takes very specific conditions for days like today to happen. You need an overnight ice-storm (complete with loss of power and shattered windscreens, I'm sorry to say...), snow the next day so that the snow sticks on the ice that had formed the night before, and insanely bright sunlight the day after that to bounce resplendently off all the preciously accumulated ice and snow.

The only thing is that it's also blisteringly cold today and I couldn't stay out as long as I wanted to to enjoy the scenery. I could only sit in our living room and stare dazedly out the window... :) For more gorgeous pics, definitely check out Amy and Matt's photos!

No comments: