Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 13, 2007

Gross...

So that brisk walk in the morning ended up into a full-blown chill and fever in the afternoon. *Shoots*!... I was feeling downright wretched, and the blustery winds as I walked back to the hotel didn't help. I ended up sleeping from noon to 7pm, simultaneously battling the fever and boredom from bad afternoon TV and even worse acting by Reese Witherspoon in Mira Nair's Vanity Fair that was on HBO (ok people, honestly, with the exception of Meryl Streep, American actresses should categorically NEVER act with a British accent- hear this Renee?)

I was supposed to grab some dinner and hang out with friends tonight to kinda celebrate our presentation going well, but there was no way I could have been able to walk more than two blocks or stay outside in that dastardly weather for more than an hour. Dinner ended up being a chocolate chip scone and pomegranate tea from Argo Tea Cafe around the corner. I had no appetite whatsoever, and although I'm usually not a tea person, the sweet, slightly tart tea was incredibly soothing and helped settle my nerves a little.

I'm still having a fever, but I've managed to purge some of it out by heaping myself with extra blankets. I just want to feel better enough tomorrow to take the train comfortably.

As if I don't miss home enough already...

2 comments:

srah said...

That dinner sounds good to me! Especially if you're not feeling well. Comfort food!

serene said...

It was indeed! I need to so find pomegranate tea here in Ann Arbor...