Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sam turns 14!

It's moments like these that make me miss home the most- when I can't be there physically to celebrate those important days that mark my family's calendar- my sisters' and parents' birthdays, Chinese New Year, or my parents' wedding anniversary.

And especially so for Sam's birthday- she will always be the little girl, no matter how old she's turning. I wish I could be there today to watch her open her presents, or blow out her cake; I wish I could bake her her birthday cake- ok, I know my limitations- just birthday cookies maybe... but most of all, I wish I were home to give her a birthday hug, and tell her in person what a wonderful young woman she's grown into and how proud I am of all that she's done and become.


Happy Birthday Sam! And Chets misses you very, very much... :)

No comments: