Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tune of the week: 1234 - Feist



Having watched Feist at the Blind Pig last year, I can safely say that her positive stage energy is seriously infectious. And I think that it really comes across in this music video. Most probably filmed in one single take, I am seriously impressed at the choreography and coordination it must have taken to pull this performance off. Also, watching this video brings to mind the genre of the "Broadway-esque mass dance" in music video. Presently, Bjork's "It's So Quiet" comes to mind as being most similar in form and aesthetic as Feist's video. However, this isn't Feist's only mass dance - inspired music video, check out her performance on previous tracks such as "Mushabooom" and "One Evening" (well, the last video isn't exactly a mass dance, but you gotta lurve the grooving in the track :) ).

5 comments:

Kevin said...

It's insane that we like the same things. Feist is something in my iTunes favorites. If you like that, you might wanna check out Madita as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome = a color wheel of dance costumes + woman in sequined halter and capris. Horizontally-running-on-people-while-being carried = all gravy.

Nice.

jude said...

Thanks for the comments guys. I wasn't sure how all these tune of the week posts were being received :)

Kevin: I'll definitely check Madita as well.

Allison: Being someone who can't shake his booty to save his life ... there's something about non-dancers dancing that I like :)

srah said...

I wish people would just break out dancing all around me.

jude said...

hehehe ... me too. And in the case of the Bjork video, I want the mailbox to start dancing too :)