Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"Ah, Sliced Bread, a wonderful Lady MacBeth...."

Because nothing interesting is happening in our lives right now, and because everyone always needs to remind themselves once in a while of those defining pop culture icons of their lives, here's one of those random "I have nothing to post on my blog and this looks like something vaguely cool I could use as a placeholder until something exciting happens in my live to blog about" quizzes...

Friends was a big deal for me in college- if I count re-runs and episodes I still catch once in a while on TBS or whatever, I think I've seen almost every episode of its ten seasons. I so badly wanted Monica's short bob (yes, Monica's, not Rachel's), I dreamed of the day when I would have an apartment with mismatched chairs and a purple door, I cried when Monica tried to propose to Chandler, and till today, I've been waiting for someone to acknowledge that Chandler Bing is one of the best conceived characters on sitcom in recent years... And yes, I too stayed home in 2004 just to watch the lacklustre series finale. So there were dud episodes; but when they were great, they were the best. Anyone remember "The One With The Embryos"? And they were there for me every Monday until a certain vampire slayer karate-d her way into my fluttering TV heart. But even then, I could always count on Friends to Central Perk me up when adolescent vampire slayer angst got a little too intense...

Anyways, the quiz...

Take this test at Tickle

Which "Friend" Are You? Brought to you by Tickle

You've got a little bit of Rachel going on! She's everybody's sweetheart, despite some (mostly) endearing quirks. And it looks like you too, have a little Rachel Green inside you. (If you're lucky, you might share her good looks too).Some may see you as a little spoiled, or at times naive. But overall you're a total doll. Like the real Rachel, you make your way in the world, figuring it out as you go. Sometimes your story-book ideals of how things should turn out keep you from taking life as it comes, but that lovable vulnerability just makes people feel closer to you. You have true compassion, an idiosyncratic side your friends delight in—and, of course, great taste. Reminder, o charming one: People love it when you call them "hun."
Rachel: No Way! The most romantic song ever was The Way We Were.
Phoebe
: I think the most romantic song is the one that Elton John wrote for that guy from "Who's the Boss?"
Monica: Which one was that?
Phoebe: You know, uh, "Hold me closer, Tony Danza...”.
- from "The One With The Princess Leia Fantasy"

2 comments:

srah said...

It said I was Phoebe. What? I am not Phoebe. I am either Monica or Chandler, but I'm not sure which.

Chris said...

It said I am a Monica!!! Some truth. And Yes! You got a little Rachel in you!
Love Chris