Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 04, 2007

Dots

Inspired by Jude's hard work in getting his webpage up and looking good, I decided to redesign my webpage so that it looks like something I can be proud of and am happy with. Not that I didn't like my last design, but having looked at more webpages and having figured our exactly what I want to go into mine, I felt that some cyber-remodeling was in order...


I think Version 2.0 is a little more interesting, aesthetically as well as content-wise. I was aiming for something sleeker and more contemporary so there's less color and fuss than before. I condensed much of the information that was in 1.0, and added some stuff in as well (more inspiration from Jude here).

In general, the overall design is inspired by several sources (see A.C. Newman's site, and one of Noor's recent flickr photos); besides, I've always loved polka-dots. They make me smile :) Most of the CSS/HTML codes are from Jude, some I picked up from here and there, and I created some on my own, but mostly just the color and font elements. I don't know how people designed webpages before Photoshop, but I definitely couldn't. That together with iPhoto and the mosaic tool in fd's Flickr Toys were absolute lifesavers for all the image stuff.

So there, I'm pretty happy with the overall product- I think it has a more "enduring" feel to it. Like Jude, I'm done mucking around with my webpage. Now on to more pressing tasks including- but not limited to- grilling, picnics and other related matters like sitting out in the sun... :)

No comments: