Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 20, 2007

ghetto of our mind inagural Blog Challenge

Ok, so let's see... Since last weekend, I've indulged in a total of four unabashedly heart-on-my-sleeve romantic comedies- Love Actually, Notting Hill (back-to-back, and with Jude no less- see how much my husband loves me?... ;), While You Were Sleeping, and Serendipity. Serendipity was about as predictable, improbable and formulaic as they come, redeemed only by the magnificent John Cusack and Jeremy Piven (who are the real couple of the movie if you ask me). And by the song chosen for the cheesy final reunion scene (the song starts two minutes into the clip). As anyone who reads this blog knows (or anyone who notices our blog banner at least...), that song always gets me. Always... :)

Which brings me to the inaugural ghetto of our mind Blog Challenge: Top 5 Greatest Must-have Indispensable Mixed-tape Staple Love Songs. Songs to set the mood, songs to win that heart, songs about breaking up, songs about making up... These are the songs you would either put on a mixed-tape you were making or would like to listen to on a mixed-tape made for you. To put it another way, what would you like to play/hear blasting from a boom-box if your life were a version of Say Anything? :)

There will be no winners or losers, although credibility will be seriously compromised if anything by Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, or Celine Dion makes anyone's list...

Here we go:
1) Northern Sky- Nick Drake
2) Hallelujah- Jeff Buckley
3) Sparks- Coldplay
4) All I Want Is You- U2
5) Full of Grace- Sarah McLachlan

Now, your turn... :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you mean no divas? that's my entire record collection... ok, i kid...

luv a good challenge, so here goes (in no order):

1) Fade Into You- Mazzy Star
2) Where the Wild Roses Grow- Nick Cave (creepy, but great video)
3) Every Breath You Take- Police (stalker theme song I know, but some genre-setting metaphors here...)
4) The Luckiest- Ben Folds (talk about a love that grows old with you)
5) The Scientist- Coldplay (Sparks is a good one- it's a toss-up between The Scientist or Yellow for their other great love song...)

-A

Stan D. said...

Love Actually? Notting Hill? Jude, your testicles called - they'd like to be reattached to your body.

;P

A said...

I would have agreed about Mariah Carey, if her latest album had been more diva-esque than in previous years. I couldn't resist adding in more than the 5.

Lauryn Hill - Nothing Even Matters
Zero 7 - Destiny
Alanis Morisette - (the hidden track) & You Oughta Know
Mariah Carey - Shake It Off
Garbage - Special
Chris Issac - Wicked Game

Hmmm...OK, I need more positive love songs.

A said...

(And, I do distinguish my 'a' from the Anonymous "A". Not me...though I did consider 'Fields of Gold' and 'Lose My Faith'.)