Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 11, 2008

The Dark Knight



Those of you who've been reading the blog long enough and/or know me well enough, know that my heart loves only one comic-book superhero. Yes, it's hard to resist the strength and power of Superman (inside-out underwear or not), or the agility and arachnid wit of Spidey; but for this girl, it has- and always will be- the sad, mysterious brooding of the Dark Knight.

More than two years ago, I blogged about watching Batman Begins, and how it resurrected the Batman franchise from the purgatory of sequel hell (what with Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin). Last night, I watched the trailer for the new sequel, The Dark Knight, and almost lost the ability to breathe... It doesn't reveal very much, but for one, just watching Heath Ledger's The Joker, you know you're not going to get the deranged camp of Jack Nicholson's take on the villain. This Joker appears truly menacing, and utterly and completely demented- in other words, the most deliciously sinister Batman villain we may see to date. It's hard to look at him and remember that this is the same carefree teenager who sang "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" in Ten Things I Hate About You.

I can't wait till summer... can you? :)

3 comments:

Tym said...

The film 10 Things I Hate About You is one of my guilty pleasures! Also because I heart Julia Stiles. You must be one of the few people who remember that Heath Ledger scene as well ...

serene said...

I love that movie too! Except that my favorite scene's the one at the end when she reads the poem and then walks out to find the Fender Stratocaster guitar in her car... I actually have the mp3 of her reading on my iPod :)

Syl said...

I LOVE that movie. I think my favorite scene is her dancing on top of the table at her first party. hehe