Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2008

OMG, I'm bleeding heart politcally liberal, economically left-leaning, social progressive!

So the Michigan primary is in a couple of days. And having never voted before, I thought that I should see where I stand in the event that I would be able to vote. I found this nifty little Electoral Compass that allows you to see which of the presidential candidates best represents your beliefs and opinions. It's a neat little web app that "measures" your political stance through questions on "hot button issues" like the Iraq war or abortion rights. Based on your responses, it charts a visualization of where you stand in relation to the presidential candidates. (see image above).

I've long suspected that I am a little lefty, but this proves it once and for all ;) (although, I have to say that I haven't been impressed with any of the candidates in the televised debates and the shenanigans they get up to while on the campaign trail.) I guess this means if any of them wants my vote, they're going to have to advocate a radical re-distributive tax system, introduce universal health care, rejoin the Kyoto protocol and do something about global warming, revoke the Patriot Act, re-direct money from the war to improving America's schools, and invest in alternative fuel sources. Not too much to ask, is it? ;)

4 comments:

Stan D. said...

I don't think this chart is to scale - Ron Paul and Huckabee should be about 1000px to the right, and Romney should be falling through the floor... anyhoo, tell your vote-endowed friends to put on their O face ;)

jude said...

I have actually never heard of the O face before in the context of the presidential elections ;)

Anonymous said...

Bush should just sue the pants off all the democrats. One party rule is so much more efficient.

-decrease in income tax & increase in consumption tax
-means testing for healthcare
-no-go for Kyoto protocol
-increase in military spending

does this mean you are not coming back? :-p

Eric

jude said...

Hmmmm, between the devil and the deep blue sea Eric. Between the devil and the deep blue sea.