Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Placeholder meme

Until something blog-worthy happens in our lives... :)

If your life had a soundtrack, what would the music be?

1. Open your iTunes library
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool…

Opening Credits
"The Greatest"- Cat Power (The Greatest)

Waking Up
"Good As Gold (Stupid as Mud)"- The Beautiful South (Carry On Up the Charts)

First Day of School
"Major Label Debut"- Broken Social Scene (Broken Social Scene)

Falling in Love
"Twilight Chases the Sun"- Furniture (Twilight Chases the Sun)

Breaking Up
"Until the Day is Done"- R.E.M. (Accelerate)

Prom
"What the World Needs Now"- The Carpenters (Scrubs Soundtrack)

Life's Okay
"Piazza, New York Catcher"- Belle & Sebastian (Dear Catastrophe Waitress)

Mental Breakdown
"Every Wall Your Own"- Chris Bathgate (A Cork Tale Wake)

Driving
"California One Youth and Beaut"- The Decemberists (Castaways and Cutouts)

Flashback
"Dummy Song"- Louis Armstrong (You've Got Mail Soundtrack)

Getting Back Together
"1995"- The Radio Dept. (Lesser Matters)

Wedding
"Brick"- Ben Folds Five (Whatever and Ever Amen)

Birth of a Child
"Lo Boob Oscillator"- Stereolab (High Fidelity Soundtrack)

Final Battle
"One Fine Day"- Natalie Merchant (One Fine Day Soundtrack)

Death Scene
"All of Your Days Will be Blessed"- Ed Harcourt (From Every Sphere)

Funeral Song
"A-Punk"- Vampire Weekend (Vampire Weekend)

End Credits
"Haiti"- Arcade Fire (Funeral)

5 comments:

darkorpheus said...

From out of the blue -- you bought the "Accelerate" album already?

serene said...

Welllllll.... I wouldn't exactly call it *bought* ;)

I like your new avatar! Did the "Sarah Connor" series come to Singapore yet? I liked her in 300...

darkorpheus said...

I heard the Sarah Connor Chronicles is arriving on cable -- but I haven't watched TV proper since 2001 (excluding Buffy of course), so not that sure.

I did catch a lot of the episodes online. She's okay --not as much of a bad-ass whack-job as Linda Hamiliton, but so lovely to look at.

Summer Glau was cool as the terminator though. Did I mention I was a Firefly fan? And I loved her in the "Serenity" movie when she let loose on the Reavers.

Sarah Connor Chronicles is still better than The Bionic Woman. Did you watch that? The Bionic Woman was such a disappointment -- the only time I paid attention was when Katee Sackhoff was onscreen. Her portrayal of Sarah Corvus was so bad-ass.

Did I mention I am a Battlestar Galactica fan?

Again, I caught episodes of the new Bionic Woman online. ;p

darkorpheus said...

Hey, who's reading My Mistress's Sparrow? I was interested in picking it up, but then I thought I should wait for the paperback.

T said...

i like this meme! i am going to do it now!