Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 07, 2010

This post has nothing to do with Sophie

The Oscars are tomorrow and for the first time in the history of this blog, I will not be posting my predictions for the winners. Due in part to a certain someone someone who this post is not about, with the exception of Avatar and Up, we have not seen anything else that's being nominated in the major categories. Which is an even bigger deal when you consider that this year, they've expanded the list of Best Film nominees to ten, which means instead of having seen two-fifths of the nominees, we now have only seen a fifth. And that's not counting the movies nominated for acting awards like Crazy Heart and Invictus.

But I'll still watch it on TV- if nothing else to see what everyone's wearing and watch Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin co-host the show. No one has ever come close to my dear Billy Crystal when it comes to hosting the Oscars, but I like Alec Baldwin well enough and he might be a sharper, pricklier foil to Steven Martin who can sometimes be a little over the top with the slapstick.

I'll be rooting for The Hurt Locker for the win (or maybe an upset by Quentin Tarantino with Inglorious Basterds) for no other reason than it would mean Avatar not winning. I mean, I enjoyed it for what it was-- really good popcorn entertainment-- but I didn't think it was Oscar-worthy the way say, No Country for Old Men or The English Patient, or Schindler's List.

Will you be wasting three and a half hours of your Sunday night watching the Oscars and who do you think will win?

No comments: