Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I love you, Daddy

I love that you give me the best raspberries ever. I love that you throw me up in the air and make me squeal with delight despite the prospect of grandma killing you if she found out. I love your snores that lull me to sleep. I love that you so gamely change my diaper outside even though I sometimes scream bloody murder at the most inopportune times and places (like at Target). I love that you read to me every night before I go to bed. I love your prickly 2-day shadow that tickles my belly. I love how you help Mama feed me, especially after she's given up because I've fed half my dinner to the floor. I love that you've sacrificed your baseball cap for me to chew on. I love your big hands that hold me so tightly and snugly. I love that you crawl around the house with me on all fours just so I don't feel bad for being the only person in the house who can't walk yet. I love how you tried to sneak me those Snapea snacks when you thought Mama wasn't looking. I love that when you bathe me, you let me play in the tub for just that minute longer. I love that you think my occasional tenacious crying is a sign of "character". I love that even though you only shop bargain for yourself, you are willing to pay full-price for things for me. I love how you understand that I love you even though I call the door knob "Da-da" as well.

I love that you promise to love me for the rest of your life. I promise to love you for the rest of mine.

Happy first Fathers' Day!

Love,
Sophie

No comments: