Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

They came and went...

So, the whirlwind- otherwise known as my family- has come and gone. I think everyone had an awesome time- my parents now want to retire here and open a ramen shop and my sisters want to come to U-M. I have to say though that Ann Arbor was at its best for them- the colors were gorgeous, and the weather was cool enough to be just about chilly without being frigid. And my folks were also kinda let down by New York before coming here because everything was soggy and congested so Ann Arbor was literally a breath of fresh air.

Things were a little hectic at times what with juggling work and wanting to keep them company, but I think everything went well retrospectively. We manage to squeeze in an amazing amount of stuff to do considering the schedule- berry-picking, shopping, eating, celebrating my birthday, Niagra Falls, Toronto, cooking, and a full-fledge Halloween experience!

The house is a little quiet now without Sherri bustling in the kitchen and Sam traipsing about (I think deep down she thinks she's a squirrel). It was great having them here and I am a little sad that they're gone. But I'll be home in 6 weeks so that's some kind of comfort.

My favorite picture of my sisters and I:

6 comments:

srah said...

Ann Arbor needs a ramen shop!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I would totally eat at your family's noodle place. Mmmm...

Man, now I want ramen!

Anonymous said...

One of my family members thinks he a squirrel. Or is it a dog? Or both?

Hmmm...I suppose it doesn't matter that much - since I'm talking about my cat.

T said...

the pics are great! gutting the pumpkin looks so cool! i dont even have to go to ann arbour to want to be there! -wheeze-

darn.

Dan Cooney said...

great photos! Yea, Raman Shop! Launch the "Flying Noodle!"


....sorry, I got over-excited.

serene said...

Ahh yes, His Noodly One... WWFSMD!