Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 30, 2006

This I Believe

In my lifetime, if I can write half as well as her, with half as much heart, humor and humanity, I would be happy. Sarah Adams- not a Pulitzer Prize winner or a New York Times bestselling novelist, but a simple English teacher from Washington state- on why we should all be cool to the pizza dude:

Be Cool to the Pizza Dude

This is part of a collection of audio essays from NPR's This I Believe, a project started in the '50s by Edward R. Murrow to engage Americans and encourage them to share the things which guide them through life. These essayists aren't famous people, they aren't celebrities with an image to sell; they are people like you and I, writing about people like you and I- people from red states, blue states, fly the Dixie flag, the rainbow flag, swear by Kanye, only listen to Carreras, splurge on organic, can only afford processed. Just people.

Listen, and feel your heart strangely warmed...

In the words of my wise husband, nothing beats a good public radio station.
In the big pizza wheel of life, sometimes you're the hot bubbly cheese and sometimes you're the burnt crust. It's good to remember the fickle spinning of that wheel.
- Sarah Adams

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the crust is the best part....

jude said...

Ah, with that comment you bring us into the realm of philosphy Allison. What does is mean to be the crust when its always burnt, black and bitter??? Do I want to be the cheese?