Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cross-country

Boo-hoo... in less than 24-hours, I'll be on a plane across the country to a state from which everyone says flows milk, honey & sunshine. But what should happen? I'm nursing a chill I caught from walking in the cold yesterday, and the weather report says it'll be raining all weekend in San Francisco... *&^%$#@!! But I'm determined to enjoy myself so let's look on the bright side of things:
1) I'm flying with a bunch of my closest friends from my school so the 8-hour flight isn't going to be as dreary as my 2-hour one to D.C. in January. In the event of the god-awful landing in Denver for the stop-over (Frontier Airlines pilots have issues with the Denver airport I've been told...), we can form a support ring and hug each other till it's over.
2) The above said friends are also all squeezing into 2 rooms at the Crowne Plaza so it'll be like a grown-up pyjama party, except without baby-pink pyjamas with unicorns all over (I'm assuming...)
3) I'll be seeing all the SI folks who abandoned us to lonely times without them- Dave, Jen, Dylan (and Maggie too!), Kathy, Jonas, Melanie, & Adrien. We've missed you guys!
4) I might visit Stanford, but only if I know I won't get lost getting there, and if Kathy has time to hang out around campus with me... (*hint hint* hee hee...)
5) One word. Shopping. Amoeba Music for Jude, City Lights Bookstore for me, Giant Robot, and if I have time, the Haight Street shopping district.
6) Fresh seafood. Enough said :)

Well, the degree to which I'll enjoy Nos. 3- 6 is largely dependent on me not getting chewed up and spat out at my presentation on Saturday morning. But at least it's early on in my trip there. That'll give me time to heal... :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meet them all, at Stanford, for a 7-8AM seafood breakfast burrito/shopping jaunt around town.

3-6 problem solved!

jude said...

Instead of Amoeba records, how about this place ;)

1055 Valencia Street, San Francisco, California 94110 U.S.A.
open every day: Monday-Wednesday 10am-9pm / Thursday-Sunday 10am-10pm

If you have the time that is ...

cariberry said...

You can see me too! I live less than a mile from dave, jen, dylan, and maggie :-p.

Zahra said...

You'll be in our old stomping grounds, enjoy it for us as we won't be back out there until August. I know you'll knock 'em dead with your presentation.