Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lost- Part II

*Sigh*... so NO ONE got it right... between the comments here, a couple of emails and one phone call, everyone expected it to be either Jack or Hurley. Hello?? Does anybody even know me at all??... Especially Jack (sorry Mr. Petersen...)- a girl needs a lover, not a savior. I actually find his I'm-your-hero-I-can-heal-you-and-I'm-deep-coz-I'm-a-doctor-with-tattoos complex kinda annoying. And condescending, making everyone around him appear just that much smaller and more incompetent. Like geez... take a break from saving the world please...

A relationship needs sparks, and there's no shortage of some serious sparkage when it comes to Sawyer if you ask me... I know he can be a complete and utter jerk (Jude's flabbergasted that I actually find "the greasy redneck" attractive... His jealousy is adorable- really...), but c'mon, how can you hate a man whose voice soothes a baby even when he's talking about torque, transmissions and horsepower? The man's a marshmallow inside... Of course the whole smouldering chemistry between him and Kate helps too. I like them together- she takes his swagger down a notch, and he lets her be herself. And ain't it every woman's dream to tame the rogue?... :)

Which male Lost character do you love?


Sawyer
Take this quiz!

Ok, but eye candy aside, the show is driving me crazy- honestly, it's like a drug... We're three episodes away from the end of Season 1 (yes, it's been a Lost marathon every night since Saturday...), and if you ask Jude, he'll tell you he's probably never heard me hold back from swearing so much. I hate the emotional and psychological roller-coaster it takes you, I hate how it toys with my mind, and I hate how it makes me squirm and laugh all at the same time. And I take it all in like an addled, helpless addict... Watching it on DVD is great because you don't have to bother with all the ads and the excruciating lapses between episodes, but when we start watching the Season 2 re-runs on TV, I'm forseeing profound mood swings between Wednesdays**. I'm not sure if my psyche (or my husband) is going to be able to bear the tension man...

Oh, be still my beating heart...

**As a result of one of my obsessive web-surfing expeditions through all things Lost, I discover that in order to finish showing all the the re-runs of Season 2 before Season 3 begins in September, come July 19, it'll be two back-to-back episodes every week... OMG, ok people, you know what NOT to do between 9pm- 11pm on those Wednesdays... Actually you know what not to do from 9pm this Wednesday on...

6 comments:

srah said...

I guess if I were limited to the four in the quiz, Sawyer is the most attractive.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Ooh! I don't have cable and haven't seen season two. Can I watch them with you when the reruns come on? When do they start? Oooh! Ooooh!

I am a sad, lonely man.

Anonymous said...

Don't let him come over...he'll get addicted to your TV and he'll never leave! [Note: I speak from speculation only and not experience.]

As for your Sawyer thing - OK, now does my C.F. infatuation/obsession make sense? Seriously, the man has a sex tape, & I'd still go for him. (I'm a sad and/or lonely woman.)

Anonymous said...

Like a crispy, burnt marshmellow - all gooey inside!

srah said...

Chrispy, the DVD comes out in October! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, but October is *then* and I want it nooooowwwwww.....

"Like a crispy, burnt marshmellow - all gooey inside! "

Wait...I'm gooey inside?