Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Webpage wallpaper


So I've been planning on getting a proper webpage up and going for the longest time- the more I look at the Google Pages one I have right now, the more it looks like a glorifed Powerpoint presentation. And it's especially frustrating that I can't customize how the background looks.

So anyways, when we were in Chicago the last time, I bought a pattern library CD and spent today playing around with the patterns and colors on Photoshop to figure something out for my webpage wallpaper. And I need help. Have about 15 samples right now (they're up in an album on Flickr) and I need to whittle that down to about 9 or so. I'm trying to achieve the whole retro/ vintage feel with the color combinations, but I'm not sure if it's working out... Some of you have a better eye for colors and web-design than I do, and I could really do with some advice. Thanks guys!

5 comments:

Noor said...

I think it always depends on how they look like when they're tiled and what sort of colors/images you put on them.

Anonymous said...

(See my note on Flickr.)

BTW: When did you move? How do you like your new place?

serene said...

we didn't move allison- the apartment you see on the flickr site is the one that we bought in singapore. we're in the process of looking for tenants right now. hard to be landlords from afar... :)

T said...

PINKGREY!

Anonymous said...

Did you ever put up a new webpage?