Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 27, 2006

A good "pear"

Ok, so I've decided to be the good wife and use a blog template that my husband isn't embarassed to associate with as well. Not that he's been complaining- I just figured electric blue & pink paisleys scream more the Serene half of judeandserene.blogspot.com than the Jude half.


Now, we can both be comfortable calling it our blog... Besides, I do like the pear motif- I initially thought the title of the template- "We make a good pear."- was kinda cheesy, but it grew on me; and now, I think it's actually kinda sweet, especially with the daisy** :)

Also, I just got the new JCrew catalogue in the mail and they were featuring their Fall collection. So I figured oh well, this is the Midwest, I may as well start transitioning, hence the fruits and muted colors. Nothing much has changed so no one go into an apoplectic fit, please... We'd love comments, of course- as Jude always says, "We aim to please!" :)
** I love daisies... They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?
-Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail
[Just for Jude and Chrispy's benefit... ;)]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a while there I told I was on the wrong site. Like all changes, need time to get used to it.

Noor said...

which of the pears is Jude and which is Serene? I think the one on the left looks more like Jude.

srah said...

In that case, Jude-pear needs some V-8.

Mishi said...

hahah i burst out at the "we make a good pear" line. I'm not the only one with a good sense of humour. hehe; )

Kevin said...

You guys are hilarious! I was impressed with the template design you had yesterday and now you've got a new one. Anyway we should chat over IM one of these days. I wanna hear more about your School of Information Jude!

serene said...

hey noor,
yeah, I think i'll claim the pear on the right- it's those darn hips I tell you!... and sarah, that was funny! the thing is, i feel about V-8 the same way i feel about non-fat ice cream- love the intention, hate the execution...

jude said...

If anything I am of the D'anjou variety.

Nick said...

This is one blog
where I can get smarter by reading it

srah said...

V-8 is great in theory.

Anonymous said...

Kevin, see Jude's post, "I am an expert on everything." In it, the formula of alchemy is revealed as a pledge of honor to SI!

(See that, Jude? Name dropping, obscure words, a previously secret and unverified field, accronyms...and I just made it all up?? I'm so an expert.)