Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine

Watch Little Miss Sunshine because it is one of this year's best-written films; watch it because it will make you forgive the directors for ever having made Napoleon Dynamite. Watch the movie because it manages to capture the heart and hurt of an endearingly fractured family without overdoing the quirkiness or pummeling you with the cute factor.

Watch Little Miss Sunshine because with that opening shot, Abigail Breslin will just draw you right into her adorably artless aura with those over-sized glasses and pudgy hopefulness; watch it because Steve Carrell will be hard-pressed to top this performance of a lifetime.

Please watch Little Miss Sunshine because I can't remember the last time an audience erupted into spontaneous unanimous applause when a movie ended, and watch it because everyone has to be reminded that we all have the right to love ice-cream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoot! I wanted to be first to post about this movie, but let's just say that The Dude and I will be quoting the meaning of "luck" for a long time.

Anonymous said...

I concur...great movie. I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't like "Napoleon Dynamite"...

Chris said...

ok... so i only managed to watch this last week during my flight back from Hong Kong. It's been so long since a movie made me forget how much I loath being in the air.