Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A green dress and a pretty bow

So I think I'm getting better. It's the end of the week, I'm going to take most of the weekend off and do nothing (except puppy-sit for Rick and Emilee- yup, Kumo the labradoodle...), I had a great class this morning with a professor I've been waiting a year to take a class with, and the sun is back out after what I thought was going to be the beginning of a very early Fall...

But the highlight of the past two days is that the dress I ordered for my best friend's wedding has arrived! And it's lovely! (the picture does not do it any justice...) Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts and advice on my initial choice of the brown polka-dotted dress :) But I tried it on at the store and it just didn't look right. I guess you really have to look like Julia Roberts to pull a dress like that off. Besides, on retrospect, the color isn't particularly festive I suppose. So this is what arrived at our doorstep yesterday:

The catalogue says it's a keylime green, but in reality, it looks more pistachio than anything else. The color theme of the wedding is cream and green so the dress will fit right in. More importantly, the cut is really flattering, which basically just means it gives me curves where I need, and hides the bad ones that I have... I'll have to work on my abs a little from now till December but I've been planning to do that anyway. *Sigh*, in a perfect world, I'll have the arms of Evangeline Lilly from Lost (or Carrie-Ann Moss's in The Matrix) and Gwen Stefani's abs...

And shoes! I think I'm going to go with a pair of peep-toes after some wise fashion advice from the bride-to-be. And unless I want to be wobbling all the way down the aisle, they'll also definitely be better for my flat feet than too-delicate strappy heels. I have my eyes and heart set on these sweet semi-retro peep-toes, but believe it or not, they actually cost more than the dress!! Sam thinks they're a little much, but I love the bow! The color takes a little getting used to but it does grow on you. *And she talks like she can actually afford the shoe...*

I think I'll shop for the shoe when my best friend visits next month; will keep you all posted of course- I mean, why else do we keep a blog except to foist all the mindless shenanigans of our life onto our unsuspecting friends who love us too much to complain??...

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say how much I am jealous of your shoes?

I'm jealous of your shoes. A whole bunch.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know about Julia Roberts - some have doubts about her, too - but, yeah, the brown dress isn't too festive for a wedding. I like your new choice though. It looks J. Crew-ish, too.

serene said...

how perceptive of you allison- the dress IS JCrew :) they make nice bridal stuff. as for the shoes, you have nothing to be jealous about- i can't afford them!! :(