Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Unchained Malady unleashed



I got a little present from Serene in the form of the image above. She knows that I have long harbored ambitions of musical granduer and of fronting my own band. I thought that it would nice to let the dear readers of this here blog in on some of those ambitions ;)

The band would be called Unchained Malady. And we would be playing ironic, out-of-tune cover versions of Adult Oriented Sentimental Rock Songs. We may be the first to do this. In fact, we could be the first in a brand new GENRE!!! (*nudge* *nudge* 504 people) Think along the lines of Cake's debilitating and uninspiring version of I Will Survive (unlike Gloria Gaynor's version) or Ronan Keating's When You Say Nothing At All (a.k.a. "The Please Shut Up" song...) and you get the picture. The distinction between Unchained Malady and Cake is that we only do ironic love songs. I can just see it now- it's playing like a movie in my head... Serene doesn't know what she's started ...

4 comments:

Noor said...

But what about provenance Jude?

Or have you not gotten that far yet in 504?

jude said...

Hell yeah :) we just talked about provenance this week!!! But you do realize that this band is all in my head right??? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...irony. You'll be that one band that uses irony...

jude said...

But which band uses Irony in their name as well? ;) It's not just irony. It'll be an ironic concept band.