Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Go!

As much as I enjoy running, at the end of the day, I don't kid myself by thinking that it is one of my great loves. Some people are really passionate about the sport they play- basketball, swimming, tennis, competitive channel surfing... For me ultimately, running is a means to an end, there's little pleasure involved. And while the adrenaline does give me a high for a while, it really is mostly pain, cathartic as it is.

Which is why this Ok Go video tickles me to no end. On top of being impeccably cheorographed and side-splittingly funny (there's something about four geeks in suits on a threadmill that's somehow perversely alluring to me...), I'm assailed by the cognitive schism of how someone has managed to fashion what is essentially a torture machine to me into an instrument of art. If for nothing else, these geek chic poster-boys deserve an award.

7 comments:

A said...

Competitive channel surfing? That sounds like a full-contact, combat sport; wear appropriate protective gear!

The Dude and I say this group perform on the MTV music video awards on TV, but that time they were wearing suits, with ties. I guess they dressed up.

olivier said...

That made my monday morning:-D, thanks for posting that (at least i did not come for nothing to work this morning;-))

jude said...

Hey Otusweb & A, if you think this video is funny, you should check out OK Go's earlier "dance" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkCfh7ayDms

Anonymous said...

did you know 'ok go' performed in the pioneer high school parking lot right before the michigan/michigan state game? it's true.

jude said...

Dammit, why do we always miss shows like this in A2?

Anonymous said...

actually i prefer the one you posted. What made it for me were the tread mills.

serene said...

hey olivier and allison,
can't wait to see you guys on saturday! woohoo! reunion!! :)