Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 11, 2006

There she goes...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So get this, I've had my nano for more than two months now, and I've been religiously using my NikePlus transmitter when I run and downloading the data after. But did I think to look at the chart of my progress? Nope, not till today-*dumkopf*.... I'd always just looked at the History folder in the nano and used the last run as a gauge of how hard and long to run this time. But voila, I log on to my NikePlus account today and what do I discover? In the past two months, I've completed a total of 19 runs covering 65.45 km (40.66 miles)! Now that's incredible... Geez... I'm impressing myself...

Ok, this might not seem a huge deal for some of you but you try bearing the indignity of never (I stress that word with all earnestness) having passed a single physical fitness test in your entire life because you could never complete the 2.4km-run under 17 minutes. Trust me, this is nothing short of miraculous. If my math hasn't completely failed me, based on my last run, I'm clocking 2.4km in just under 15 minutes. And it could potentially be shorter if I disregard the time I take to cool down.

Now by my standards, that's incredible.

This all given appropriate motivation of course. That's what the nano's for- Arctic Monkeys great for running; Damien Rice not so great. The Radio Dept. good for warming up; Cat Power for cooling down. And gotta have that PowerSong. At the end of my run, I have Paula Radcliffe congratulating me for completing my workout. Now that's sweet :) Can I run without my nano? Honestly, I don't know. I might have to say No.

So I promised Sam I'll run with her when I'm home over Christmas. Hopefully I'll keep this up and won't end up eating her dust when she leaves me sputtering in her tracks...

3 comments:

Noor said...

that's pretty cool! Did you buy the special Nike shoes? If you're looking for a social component, a few of us are using Walker Tracker (http://www.walkertracker.com).

serene said...

hey noor- no, i "cheated" and just attached the transmitter to my running shoes with Velcro. i'm too cheap to get those special shoes ;)

i'll definitely check out the Walker Tracker- thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Serene!

Came across your blog googling for Singapore nike+ users. I've never passed a single fitness test my whole life too so I know how you feel!

nike+ really helped me get started running again, and I always enjoy the 'glow' one gets after a really good run.

The nike+ shows are not available here (not that I'd buy them if they were!) so I made do with cutting a hole in the tongue of my army-issue new balance sneakers and stuffing the transmitter in it. Am getting this tomorrow though!

>> http://www.switcheasy.com/

Anyhow, keep running! Add me on MSN if you want. I work with schools alot so we might have stuff to talk about.

Cheers!

Eric Appleguy
MSN: eric.appleguy@gmail.com