Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas present 2006


Final product!
Originally uploaded by jyew.
I think we've started some kind of tradition without quite meaning to. So the Christmas present we prepared last year were ingredients for Cranberry Hootycreeks layered in a jar. This year, Jude and I had the same idea (at the same time!) to do something with hot chocolate. What's better to get you through those cold winter days and nights than a creamy mug of chocolatey heaven? Initially, I didn't think it was going to be very pretty since all the ingredients were kinda just shades of brown and beige, but then I stumbled across this recipe from Sunset that shows you have to brighten up your hot chocolate gift in a jar. We decided to go with a peppermint hot chocolate mix coz it's just that little more festive, and I lurve peppermint hot chocolate- so Christmas-y... :) It also ended up coordinating really well with the twine and crepe ribbons I have and pink & mint gift tags I made from card-stock from Target.

I really enjoyed putting the gift together- as messy as the process was (there is humanly no way to handle cups of milk, cocoa powder, sugar, choc chips and crushed peppermint candy without spilling things all over the floor)- and we're pretty happy with the final product :) There's just something sweetly satisfying about having made your own Christmas presents. Don't get me wrong, I love raiding the mall for Christmas presents as much as the next girl, but putting together a homemade holiday gift is just gratifying in its own little way :)

I think next year, we'll make Soup in a Jar...

No comments: