Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Home?

We've been home just over 24 hours and things are back to normal, I think (with the exception of maybe our sleep schedule and the living room). We've been in school since 10am this morning so yes, thrust right into the thick of things. It's good I guess- takes my mind off missing home a little and it gives my system less of a chance to succumb to the lure of sleeping some more.

Waiting for the bus today was an odd experience- I was literally the only person outdoors- only, single, alone. In the entire month in Singapore, except when I was at my parents' by myself in my room, I don't thinking I can remember ever being the only person anywhere. There were always people walking purposefully about, milling in the malls, scurrying here and there, packed up together in the trains... So yes, I definitely appreciated the stillness and silence of the cool morning today. It was nice.

Speaking of home, Jude and I will be at a play tonight- Singapore theatre director Ong Keng Sen is directing a musical/ opera composed by Bright Sheng- The Silver River- and it's playing at the Power Center. For $12, you also get a pizza/ meet-the-director session at the Alumni Center. It'll be an interesting experience in light of our recent excursion through the University Cultural Center back home. Ong Keng Sen is the Artistic Director of TheatreWorks (where Jude was supposed to do his undergrad internship) and is best known for his re-imagination of Shakespeare's tragedies. In particular, his kabuki-inspired King Lear has been performed all over the world. Let's see, between fending off jetlag and mouthfuls of pizza, we'll try to sneak a chat with the man, or better still, take a photo to add to Jude's collection of pictures of himself with random famous people.. ;)

No comments: