Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Halfway through


Halfway through
Originally uploaded by jyew.
I reached some sort of a milestone today I guess- I submitted Part A of my pre-candidacy exam! :) There are two parts to the exam and *if* I muster enough discipline and self-will to finish the other half by the end of this semester, I should be able to achieve candidacy by the summer, if not fall. After that, it'll just be me and my dissertation for the next 2 years, which honestly, I'm keenly looking forward to. As much as I've loved almost all the classes I've taken and everything I've gained over the years, I honestly think I'm about done "schooling". If I include the year I was in teacher training, I've literally been in school 20 years in total- discounting the years that I taught. Ok, thanks for those years, but I think I'm done now.

The prelim paper wasn't that much of a bear to finish actually- I've virtually spent almost a year and a half on this research. Many of you have seen the study evolve from this, to this, to this, and now this. I think that's enough number-crunching for me for a while. I'm going to take a break from stats at least for the next year or so. My research for the second half of the pre-candidacy exam will be more related to my dissertation in the long run, so I'm looking forward to just sitting back and doing alot of reading for that. I've really really missed reading, even for school.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I've resigned myself to the fact that there's a part of me that will always be a little bit of a dork, and why I've been in school for 20 years... :)

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Congrats! :)

A said...

Did you get my e-card? It was really cute!

(I would post a link, but then everyone on the Internet would know my personal email address.)