Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 05, 2007

In the bleak midwinter

This is our fourth winter here and I've never said this before- it's very very cold, it's very very windy, and there's much, much snow.

According to the Weather Channel, the Midwest is experiencing some of the coldest temperatures in years, and the lake effect and intense wind shield is not helping. There are severe weather warnings all across Michigan, and wind chill advisories till tomorrow afternoon.

Now that we've moved one of the writing desks to the bedroom just in front of the window, I've been looking at the weather develop throughout the weekend as I work. It is not funny- we're talking blustery winds, snow swirling everywhere, and a deep, intense cold seeping in through every little crack it can find. We have the heat up in the house, a hot drink perpetually by my side, and my woolly socks on so that helps, but I'm not looking forward to walking to the car later when we go to Rick and Emilee's for the Super Bowl game.

Weather report the last time we checked: 5F (-16C)
With wind chill: -5F (-25C)

Bundle up and stay warm everyone! And to you guys on the West Coast, we wish you were here! Heehee... ;)

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I heard it is pretty bad... some parts of the States supposedly had wind chills of -43 degrees F!! I really hate the freezing cold and can't believe I've been in Buffalo all this time. Either way, we can thank global warming for this extreme weather. Emjoy while we still can. :P

A said...

I'm not on the west coast, but I wish I were there too just so that I can have a real reason to complain. ;)

serene said...

As opposed to just complaining about Louisville running out of Ale8One, Allison? ;) How's the weather down in Kentucky?