Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

"Take me out to the ball game..."

Guess who went to her first baseball game today? :) Rick, Emilee, Rick's friend, Michael, Libby, Jude and I trooped up to Lansing today to watch the Lansing Lugnuts play the Beloit Snappers at Oldsmobile Park. I don't get the game much (what I know, I know from playing softball a couple of summers ago, and even that's not much at all...), but it was just a gorgeous day to be sitting out in the sun with thousands of other people, stuffing ourselves silly with greasy, overpriced food. I am convinced that spring just passed us over and summer's here already, because everyone was in their shorts and tank-tops, Emilee busted out her sunscreen, and there were definite "roast" casualties ;)

Anyways, we had fun just soaking in the wonderful atmosphere- parents and kids everywhere, the cheering fans, the overstuffed mascot (whom we really empathized with in this weather), and the all-round infectiously good cheer. Sitting there watching the game, eating hotdogs and listening to the Van Morrison and the Beach Boys that was playing, I could just imagine that I was experiencing the quintessential all-American Sunday.

In the end, we didn't stay for the whole game- and the Lugnuts lost- but all of us had a great time, and this girl is definitely looking forward to her next baseball game where she puts on another 895 calories for $19 while listening to The Foundations' "Build Me Up Buttercup" and getting delectably roasted by the sun :)

[Photos here.]

No comments: